Employment Opportunity: Church Bookkeeper
June 30, 2016
There is nothing better than walking into an office and being greeted by a bright smile. For many years, we as a church have been blessed to have some amazing administrative staff. From time to time, God decides to move some of them to different roles at different places and we are reminded how blessed we were to have them a part of our church family. Although we are sad to see them go, we are also excited for what God has in store for them, and for what God has in store for us as we search for someone to fill their role on the team.
Currently, we are looking for a new Church Bookkeeper/Accountant. The transition into this role should be smooth and pleasant since our last one was a “rock star” and left on great terms. The positional profile can be found below. If you know of someone that might fit this role, please send them to the following link: http://bit.ly/29c8ylh
Church Bookkeeper & Accountant Overview: Part-time (10-12 hours/week)
The Bookkeeper is responsible for managing church finances and financial business processes. This includes processing weekly offerings and other forms of income, facility use payment processing, bill payment as well as oversight of purchasing, expense reimbursement, check requests, wire transfers, petty cash, financial/budget reports and payroll processes.
Job Skills, Education and Experience
The specific functions and responsibilities of this role can be found on our official post for this position.
- Previous experience as a accounting/finance person in a church or business environment.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred.
- A demonstrated Christian faith commitment. Not required to attend our church.
- Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, both of the church and staff, and the members.
- The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Quickbooks (or other similar software applications) Microsoft Office (including Excel), church database (Church Community Builder), and other related applications.