Church Guidelines for Reopening
June 10, 2020
Good afternoon Bridgeway family,
As promised, we would like to provide you with the details regarding our plan to gather for in-person worship on June 21st. For the states guidelines for places of worship, please visit this link. As we mentioned, we will be following these guidelines. That means:
- Please stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Masks are recommended and we will have some on hand
- We will have hand sanitizer and soap readily available.
- We will do contactless greetings/no meet and greet time in service.
- We ask you to maintain social distancing throughout your time at the building.
- We will arrange seats and use ushers to help ensure six feet between your group and the next group.
- Doors will be propped open to reduce contact.
- One set of doors for entrance and another for exit.
- We will not offer Kids or Student Ministry. All ages are welcome in the service.
- We will not use the lobby and ask that you come into the main auditorium from your car.
- Communion serving will be in a sealed, sanitized portion at your seat. Prayer stations will not be used.
- We will dismiss in a way that is safe and allows social distancing.
- The parking lot will be blocked off in a way to allow us to meet outside after service at a safe distance.
In our video announcement, I referenced Paul’s words in Romans 12. There amongst other things, Paul commends us to “outdo one another in showing honor.” As you prayerfully consider whether you will join us on June 21st, I hope you will keep this in mind. We all feel differently about this disease and the response to it but that does not and should not change the mandate from Jesus to “love one another.” The world is watching the church and my prayer is they will see Jesus in us and the way we respond to one another. If you are not comfortable joining us in person yet, you can still join our services online. May God bless you and I can’t wait to see you in person, whether it be June 21st or sometime after that.
Bridgeway Community Church