Our mission is simple: Changing Lives Through the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Bridgeway's Vision is to Multiply Kingdom Churches that Connect God to People, People to Communities and Communities to Mission.
We accomplish this through our values and three strategic philosophies:
We connect God to People through Transformational Gatherings. When most of us attend a worship service, we assume that its purpose is to serve us. But the purpose of our gatherings at Bridgeway is to not only serve God, but to also change us. Our Transformational Strategy is based upon the Acts Chapter 2 Church where they devoted themselves to the apostle’s teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer, and everyone was filled with awe.
We connect People to Communities through Intergenerational Ministries. Churches are not only segregated by race and income, they are also segregated by age. The result is that 60-80% of student ministry graduates are no longer following Jesus by the end of their sophomore year college. Although we value age-specifc minsitry environments, we also intentionally create opportunites to bridge generations through strategic events and gatehrings. Our Intergenerational Strategy is based upon the Acts Chapter 2 Church where not just the adults and parents but all the believers were together and had everything in common.
We connect Communities To Mission through Missional Communities. After his resurrection, Jesus was clear that the church was to make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and teaching them rto obey all that he commanded us. Our Missional Strategy is based upon the Acts 2 Church where they broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
The following are the thoughts and beliefs that drive our behavior at Bridgeway. They are the "hills we die on"...the DNA of who we are.
- Grace & Truth: The best way to engage culture is by showing grace while speaking biblical truth. - 2 Timothy 3:16; Ephesians 4:14-16; John 4:1-45; 1 Corinthians 13:1-2
- Intentional Generosity: Strategic use of time, talent, and treasure is how we make the most of our gifts. - 2 Corinthians 9:6-7; Malachi 3:10; Romans 12:6-8; 2 Corinthians 9:7; Acts 20:35
- Authentic Community: True community occurs through transparency of imperfections and genuine support of others. - Acts 2:42-47; James 5:16; Matthew 23:27; Galations 6:2
- Reaching The Next Generation: We must do whatever it takes to connect the next generation to God's redemptive story. - Judges 2:10-12; Luke 15:1-10; Matthew 9:35-38; Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalm 78:4
- Action Over Words: How we act proves what we believe. - James 1:22; James 2:14-26; Matthew 9:13; Titus: 2:7, 2:14, 3:8
- Multiplication: The Kingdom of God advances through making disciples and developing leaders. - Matthew 4:18-22; Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 19:10; 2 Timothy 2:2
Want to lean more about Bridgeway?
Join us for one of our Life Change Plan classes held on Sunday mornings during our 10:45am gatheirng.