Welcome Our New Family Pastor
February 18, 2017
Recently we re-imagined our staff and ministry structure by strategically combining our Children's and Student Pastor positions, and ministries, into one unified role and model. We feel that this new strategy, focused on birth through graduation, sets us up to better care for families and reach the next generation. To lead this new endeavour, called Family Ministries, we have hired Eric Baumann as our new Family Pastor.
Eric studied Youth Ministries at North Central University in Minneapolis and served as a Student Pastor for more than twelve years in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Ohio. While pastoring in Ohio, Eric helped lead the Campus Ministries, Overseas Missions Trips and Summer Camps for the entire state of Ohio for the Assemblies of God denomination. In 2007, Eric found his true calling and passion as he transitioned into the role of Family Pastor at a multi-campus church in Toledo. In 2012, Eric, his wife Amy, and three boys (ages 5, 7, 10), moved to the Fishers area and has served as our Communications Director, while spear-heading our Orange Strategy at Bridgeway for the past couple of years.
The Family Pastor role is a new one for Bridgeway, and as such, will look a little different from the traditional roles of Student or Children’s Pastor. As Family Pastor, Eric will be the point person for all of our Family Ministries, birth through graduation. Here are a few of the things that you can expect our new Family Pastor to focus on:
- ALIGN LEADERS: Align leaders with a common language and strategy (help staff/volunteers do ministry better)
- ENGAGE PARENTS: Engage every parent to have a positive influence in the spiritual development of their own kids (help parents do family better)
- ELEVATE COMMUNITY: Give every kid a caring leader and a predictable and safe community where they can grow spiritually (help volunteers do groups better)
- REFINE THE MESSAGE: Craft core truths into engaging, relevant, and memorable experiences (helps kids and teenagers grow in their relationship with Jesus)
- INFLUENCE SERVICE: Create consistent opportunities for kids and teenagers to serve (mobilize the next generation to serve)
Pray with us as we continue this transition together and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We are exited about this next chapter in the life of our kids and students at Bridgeway. We also want to encourage you to join us for our Family Minsitries Q&A Luncheon, on Sunday, February 19, after our second service. This will be a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have about this new role and structure and get to know our new Family Pastor. RSVP here.
Kenny Panduku - Lead Pastor